The "Return of the Dirty Thirty" 12 January start date

dcducks1

start my Doctoral program.........who would have thought it!

All of of us....eons and ancient days ago, Chief.   I can see you flying across the oceans in your hover craft.

Jeslight -  Steak is loaded with sparkle and allure,  you're probably eating the right amount of good oils and fats.  Great job.

Tonya - You're trying new recipes and creating success.

Miki -  Your early morning work-outs inspire me...along with your meal planning.   You are clearly back in the groove.  Planning helps when I've been acting like a goofball.  With you guys out there,  I swim like a mini Michael  P. (olympic champ)  swim2.gif     and clean my house like I'm in boot camp.   I'm currently NOT having any cream in my coffee but I am hyper aware it's over there looking all sweet and adorable in my fridge.   I need to write on the chalkboard 100 X ....Falling into much cream is life but climbing out is transcendent.  I don't need cream in my coffee.

Laurie, CC, Higs, ChiggerCane, BrooklynBabe, Tulip, Nanny, Granny, Annie, Sissy, HuckleBeary, Jeslight, Tonya, VolChick, all - thank you for inspiring all of us with your good decisions.    I got my swim in first thing to avoid any chance of putting it off as the weekend relaxies begin to build.

rhubarb_ratterrier_mix_04.jpg_w450.jpg

Lil Sophia...I love my dog sweaters, long hikes and KerryGold Butter on my chow.   I have a dog bed that my mama continually has to wash and I'm kinda sad everytime she acts like she's going to throw it out.  You see, someone took me away from my dog mother way too soon.   So I use my dog bed like a bottle to this very day.   Sometimes, I just pinch up a corner of the bed...like it's my baby bottle.   It's been going on since I came to this house.   My mama picked me up at the local shelter.   I was sooo scared there, there were really big pitbulls all around me.  When I saw my mama for the first time, I leaped into her arms and crawled on top of her head.   I wouldn't let her go and she's never let me go.  She takes the best care of me.  Everyone in town knows who I am.    The UPS man smiles when he sees me walkin' with my mama.   He tells me that I'm a part of the neighborhood....and it wouldn't be the same without me.    My pawpaw lets me sit in his lap as we go down the road in his pickup truck.   I always act like I'm driving the truck because I want to see out that window.   Folks laugh and point at me.   I just smile.

rhubarb_ratterrier_mix_06.jpg_w450.jpg

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

umm have I been reading the food template   (in)correctly?  are we supposed to add from all the 3 categories oil / olives / nuts seeds to each meal????

weekend update:  I hate 3 day weekends; i like my weekday routine better;  I survived pizza night last night so I'm sort of OK food wise;  I don't think I liked the cook in big batches method; I felt like I was eating leftovers all week.  as for the morroccan fish dish I didn't even taste that. ....  

I just have to survive today and tomorrow;  Tuesday back to normal.  . . . .I'm on day 18 and there is no 'tiger blood' or anything of the sort. I am irritable and foggy headed.  I can't remember what I'm doing or focus.  But my laundry marathon ended with the 11th load and I made it through a dinner party I was hosting and my kids bday parties....

Anybody have an EASY balsamic vinaigraitte dressing recipe??? 

Posted by MeadowLily on 13 January 2015 - 09:15 PM in  Return of the WD30

We started making our own balsamic vinaigrette that we can't get enough of.

2 parts balsamic vinegar, 3 parts light tasting olive oil (we get ours from Sam's Club), plus salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste Mix vigorously. I just had some literally 15 minutes ago and it was super delicious. 

Good morning Dirties,

Quiet group this weekend!  Dave, chores are beckoning, but I'm still here enjoying my green tea.  My main calling chores-wise is CLUTTER.  We have accumulated a ridiculous amount of junk in this house in the going-on-12-years since we've been here.  Having a huge shed hasn't helped.  I've been reading about the connections between clutter and depression and stress, and boy howdy, a purge needs to happen!  Has anyone heard about this new book that's on the best-seller list right now?  It's called the Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up.  I haven't dipped in yet - has anyone tried it?

http://www.powells.com/biblio/9781607747307

Anyhoo, I did my cookup yesterday and I'm happy to have a fridge full of food for the week ahead.

Tulip:  yes!  You need the fats from the meal template with EVERY meal.  All three!  Fat won't make you fat.  Your body needs it.

Miki:  wisteria and lilac planting sounds lovely.  This is the time of year where I start aching to get into the garden and plant things… but can't because up here it's much too cold (and wet).  I did plant a bunch of paperwhite bulbs indoors though and they are going gangbusters.  My garden looks so sad and forlorn right now.  I'm hunkered inside and perhaps will give my houseplants some love:  dusting, repotting etc. to get that hands in dirt feeling.

Higs - I follow FLYlady on line - same thing - she encourages 165 mins of decluttering every day alogn with picking a room.  Go check her out.  Love her.  Maybe she and dave are related?

Autocorrect is awful!!!  15 mins of decluttering - maybe my fingers will reduce in size...LOL

Tulip  - eat fat at all 3 meals.  (Post workout meal Is the only time to avoid fat.)   You do not have to eat fat from all of the 3 sources that you listed (oil/olives/ nuts and seeds) at every meal.  However, feel free to mix different types of fat into a meal  - for  example, salad with protein, veggies, nuts, olives and complaint dressing.  Although we are not measuring, you don't want to chow down a huge portion of nuts, olives and dressing in one meal.  Follow the template.   Avocado is also a good source of fat.

This morning Steve, his daughter and I participated in the Gift Of Life's One Mile Walk For Life.  My man crossed that finish line.  The event was beautiful.  A 12 year old girl met her 28 year old donor for the first time.  All of the transplant recipients were called up to the stage.  It was amazing to see Steve standing on that stage. The day was very emotional - good tears.  I registered to be a bone marrow/stem cell donor.  I hope that one day I can give life to someone in need, just like a very selfless unknown man gave life to Steve. 

Steve is now exhausted!  Rest/Sleep for the remainder of the day. 

Laurie - great to hear of Steve's incredible journey! I never had any doubts........he had too much love and support to not come back to health! So happy for both of you!

All - had a pretty lazy day. I did do some cleaning and then went to see American Sniper at the theater with a fellow retired military buddy. I had read the book and the movie was very well done. I heard it smashed the box office records for an opening weekend. Scary good movie, the realism was a bit much at times. I still have many friends who did not live thru their tours. This war has been going on for 14 years and I would like to see it come to an end soon. My sons are at the age that they could be the next crop of service men to go over there and I would rather go back to the service than to send them.

Early to bed for an early duck hunt in the morning with my youngest. The season ends next week and then I start getting ready for surgery...ugh! Looking forward to feeling better.

Dave

Laurie, sounds like a great day for you and Steve, Dave you too. I don't have that tiger blood feeling, but I have gotten a lot done. Will finish putting everthing away and the head to jacuzzi and early bed. tomorrow will head to the gym early am, then get ready to spend day with boss.

Feeling good, but my pain hasn't subsided. I'm thinking I need to give up the nuts, I think that's what I did last time. I do love me some almond butter on apple or cashew in my coleslaw...will give it a little more time, sigh. I should probably be AIP, but I'm fighting it tooth and nail.

now to make some mayo..still haven't done that yet by the meyer lemons are in and I got some at the farmer's market, they will make an awesome mayo.

Sleep well kids...We made the first week, now we'll start reaping the bene's. 

Miss Meadow, thank you for all the time you spend sharing your 222 wisdom. what you have done is truly remarkable. My goal is to do a real live reintro and then learn, like you, how to consistently lose 2 to 4 pounds a month, staying strong and healthy in the process. This is such a great way to live.

Dave, sorry about surgery coming up, but Laurie will tell you, when this group starts sending healing, you better step back and get ready to receive!

Love and Appreciation to all.

ME

Dave -  we will send requests up for complete healing and recovery.   Bear wants to see that movie, probably be next summer before it makes it to our theatre.

Laurie -  turns my heart to mush to feel how happy you are today.   Thank you so much for sharing about Steve's walk.  

ChiggerCane - you are a great friend to Laurie.   Nice to get to know you.

Miki -  You're too kind.   I was mostly just amusing myself... because who else was going to do it for me while all of you were away.   I pinch myself that this new thread is here.    Gaaaah,  it's never been my intention to be Mrs. Peevy Preachy Pants.    I don't have all the answers.   I only share my observations and obstacles in hopes that they will help someone else with similar traits like me.   So if I ever come off like a big fat know-it-all ....pinch me back.   I live off the grid but not in a Nut Hut.   :D  :lol: 

thenuthutwater.jpg

Remember this song?  My mother used to sing this to me when I was a kid.

Called myself up on the phone

Just to see if I was home
Asked myself out on a date
“Pick me up at a quarter past eight”

Chorus

Took myself to the picture show
Sat myself on the very back row
Put my arm around my waist
Got so fresh I slapped my face!
I'm a nut, I'm a nut, I'm a nut I'm a nut I'm a nut

Meadow, I love all the extras you post - they make me smile! 

Feeling tired and headachy today.  Glad I'm not at work, because a nap is most definitely in the near future.  Will be doing my prep for the week this afternoon.  It will be good to get back to the structure of a work day.  Yesterday was a tough day craving-wise, but I survived.  I've been reading a lot about the timeline and know I just have to hang in there.  I knew this time was coming...

Up at 5, off to gym, elliptical and weights today since I have only 1/2 day of work. eggs atop kale, brussels sprouts, carrots, and ground chicken cooked in a smidge of EVOO . This meal really sticks with me after a work out. off to do Mommy do, Self Do, Boss Do then early to bed as this week I'm making it to the gym every day. It's been a month since I've been on track and I'm starting to have the energy to accomplish that!

Have soup in the freezer. The boss and I are making Thai Pineapple fried cauli rice, roasted brussels sprouts, green salad and sauteed tige shrimp for an early dinner. There will be lots of leftovers for the week...yippee. Will defrost a pound of ground chicken for Thurs or friday...I like the more simple food approach, but sometimes you just have to Spice it up a bit...wish me luck

Dave I hope you caught a bunch.

Tonya, take your nap, up your water and honor yourself.

Meadow, Enjoy your day.

CC did you love Wicked? That's what I bough my kids and their girlfriends for Feb 7 at the Pantages in LA. We're all very excited. Eldest and I have seen it previously, but it's a first for everyone else. 

Anybody have an EASY balsamic vinaigraitte dressing recipe??? 

I don't measure, I eyeball things, but I'll estimate:

2 tblspns olive oil

2 tspns compliant dijon mustard- (check, some have white wine)

2 tspns balsamic vinegar

Salt and/or pepper to taste 

Whisk or mix vigorously with a fork and you are good to go!

(When not on whole30, add a raspberry or fig jam to this!)

Just checking in. Sounds like we are all hanging in there. Tonight I made pork loin with sweet potatoes, green peppers, onions, and carrots (the carrots are for the hubs and the kids - I try not to eat too many of them esp when sweet pots are also on the menu). Will add mushrooms toward the end so that they don't get too mushy. Considering adding brussel sprouts...I still haven't been brave enough to try them (ugh)!!!! I'm trying to figure out how to post a pic. Maybe meadow can give us a quick tutorial lol!

post-46030-0-95133300-1421708472_thumb.j

Here’s a big bummer – as soon as I got from NYC last night I got an email from Deb saying she’s IN NYC celebrating her birthday! I can’t believe I missed her!

Laurie – I am so happy Steve was able to do the walk. What’s the next milestone on his list?

Mik – Curse those nuts!!! You’ve been battling them for too long. I’m sorry you’re not feeling better. I am impressed you got to the gym!

We LOVED Wicked!  I was surprised how delighted Sam was by it. (It’s hard to delight a 14 year old boy, lol!)  His favorite part was that they all wore green glasses in the Emerald City. That’s from the original book. The city wasn’t really green, everyone had to wear the glasses and were forbidden to take them off. That’s your fun fact of the day. Sam got his own pair – I’m sure there’s a new costume in his future!

Tonya – the timeline is a lifesaver for me. It helps explain the rough patches, but also make you aware of what’s ahead J

Granny – dinner sounds terrific!

T-Squared – I don’t even know you yet! Welcome to the group!

I had a busy day – but the rest of the week is less stressful. I’m going to spend a lot of time getting organized and then start checking things off my list!

Happy day 8!

• Administrators

Hi Chris,  thank you I did read it; and I get it but deep down my brain is telling me to eat less to lose more........ maybe my appetite will decrease as I continue? I'm on day 15.  

My problem with the pre / post workout meals is, if I'm working out in the morning, it doesn't give me enough time between breakfast and the workout to have a full template M1 and pre-workout meal.  Then by the time I am out, it's about lunch time.   

I also had 2 brasil nuts 2 cashews and a few coconut nibs with tea right after M2.  

I am putting up a post it next to my quickie meals cheat sheet as a reminder, what to eat before and after........

Thank you!

Sorry Tulipgirl, if I'm missing something, but on this day in question you ate an egg, an egg white, a chicken cutlet, a piece of veggie bake, some soup and 4 nuts? And you also worked out?  Yikes, girlfriend, that is not enough food at ALL.  And if this is a correct summary of that day up to and including your lunch, your lack of weight loss question might have everything to do with the fact that your body is hanging onto every smidge it can get.

Maybe I misread these few posts about what you were eating that day and if so, I am open to correction.  But if not, you need to EAT.

Just checking in. Sounds like we are all hanging in there. Tonight I made pork loin with sweet potatoes, green peppers, onions, and carrots (the carrots are for the hubs and the kids - I try not to eat too many of them esp when sweet pots are also on the menu). Will add mushrooms toward the end so that they don't get too mushy. Considering adding brussel sprouts...I still haven't been brave enough to try them (ugh)!!!! I'm trying to figure out how to post a pic. Maybe meadow can give us a quick tutorial lol!

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

I  can see your delicious food.

Archived