Starting July 1st

misti

Hey team

I don't find much time on the Computer on the weekends (likely a good thing). Feeling good but yesterday was my son's 12th birthday. Bit more of a challenge (jube jubes and chips). I did get through. I normally on the plan have no issues and no cravings but I did yesterday. I stayed the course and stuck to good, simple food. We have lots of non-compliant food in the house today but no issues with cravings today. Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

Still 100% on plan and feeling grand.

Cheers

DJ

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's Day 8 and I've made it through the first week. I felt wonderful yesterday and had tons of energy, but when I woke up this morning I just didn't even want to get out of bed. Also, I'm having all sorts of mood swings.  Not," Kill All The Things" mood swings but more like "Cry at All the Things" mood swings. I was reading something this morning and a caught a very academic grammatical error and I teared up. I didn't have this experience in either of my last two W30 rounds. I'm hoping that it is over soon.

JenX - good idea... Maybe I will make mayo today. It has been a while.

Cheers

DJ

Seriously?! I go through at least a single batch recipe/week and that's just me eating it!  Ha! And I'm a former mayo-hater. :D

It's Day 8 and I've made it through the first week. I felt wonderful yesterday and had tons of energy, but when I woke up this morning I just didn't even want to get out of bed. Also, I'm having all sorts of mood swings.  Not," Kill All The Things" mood swings but more like "Cry at All the Things" mood swings. I was reading something this morning and a caught a very academic grammatical error and I teared up. I didn't have this experience in either of my last two W30 rounds. I'm hoping that it is over soon.

Hang in there Brandon. This, too, shall pass. 

Day 12 - I went shopping in an outlet shopping village shop in UK . There is a chocolate shop called cadburys. I always am excited when entering a chocolate shop like cadburys and Lindt. I bought 4 bags of cadburys chocolates!!! Even though I know I'm not supposed to be eating any chocolate. So far I have resisted temptation. I also went to Lindt but managed to give the Lindt chocolates to relatives.

I think I must be trying to test my willpower. Before starting the whole30 I had no willpower whenever chocolates are put in front of me. I would always pick a handful instead of one lol. The whole 30 and twelve days into the plan has helped to build and strengthen my willpower.

File under "random meal from stuff I happened to have on the shelf": browned some ground beef in the cast iron, added coconut milk and canned asparagus, simmered for a while, boom, done! #bachelorcooking #needtogoshopping

Well that was a horrific weekend. I've never had a kill all things episode during whole30 but someone in my life, a friend, had one yesterday and long story short there was a horrid episode that left me in floods of tears and staggering round a field of parents and children at a function i'd spent weeks coorganising, in a torn dress after being pushed over by a child and verbally belittled by a mother. Sometimes I hate people!

I didn't go off plan as such but I've barely eaten today and only had soup last night ;(

I'm exhausted and just want a jar of Nutella, a spoon and a large gun and tonic. Apart from the obvious gluten exclusion I'm seriously considering a week off...

Well that was a horrific weekend. I've never had a kill all things episode during whole30 but someone in my life, a friend, had one yesterday and long story short there was a horrid episode that left me in floods of tears and staggering round a field of parents and children at a function i'd spent weeks coorganising, in a torn dress after being pushed over by a child and verbally belittled by a mother. Sometimes I hate people!

I didn't go off plan as such but I've barely eaten today and only had soup last night ;(

I'm exhausted and just want a jar of Nutella, a spoon and a large gun and tonic. Apart from the obvious gluten exclusion I'm seriously considering a week off...

I religiously avoid any PTA events - the parents can be worse than the kids IME and I can do without that kind of negativity in an already stressfull life thank you very much!!

Just wanted to send my sympathy and say that tomorrow is another (better) day - deep cleansing breaths, and yup, you got this.

Oh, and I assume you mean gin & not gun...  :P

Whole30 on EVERYONE!!!!   :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D ................

I just wanted to pop on to let everyone know that I'm still here.....Rock on peps...Rock on....

I will be at a conference this week and out part of next on business travel....

Keep moving forward.......

Day 12 down...

File under "random meal from stuff I happened to have on the shelf": browned some ground beef in the cast iron, added coconut milk and canned asparagus, simmered for a while, boom, done! #bachelorcooking #needtogoshopping

I've been wondering what to do with the can of coconut milk I bought....

Day 12 in the books. Sundays are a tradition when visiting my sister- it's pizza night, as in my home made pizza with a fermented crust. I couldn't deny them so I made 3 pizzas that I did not eat. I didn't feel like I was missing out on the pizza. I felt resolve for the decision I made to commit 30 days to the process. I did feel sad that I wasn't part of the camaraderie. Pizza night usually includes a movie and as my little one hasn't watched tv yet I took him outside to play after he ate. I felt a bit like an outsider- I told my sister afterward that if we could of held off on the movie by 1 hr he would've been asleep. It was good that I spoke up and I feel good about that.

Well, day 12 brought about the dreaded first meal at a restaurant. At least it was a nice place that serves really good food. And,,, I got through it and really had a good time!  Had unsweetened ice tea with a nice grilled chicken salad (it was huge!). So proud, not even a temptation to have the beer and burgers with frys that the rest had. I think I set a good example especially when they were all bloated and tired (ready for their naps) after lunch and I was energized and ready for a great afternoon. Yea!  :D

Day 12 in the books. Sundays are a tradition when visiting my sister- it's pizza night, as in my home made pizza with a fermented crust. I couldn't deny them so I made 3 pizzas that I did not eat. I didn't feel like I was missing out on the pizza. I felt resolve for the decision I made to commit 30 days to the process. I did feel sad that I wasn't part of the camaraderie. Pizza night usually includes a movie and as my little one hasn't watched tv yet I took him outside to play after he ate. I felt a bit like an outsider- I told my sister afterward that if we could of held off on the movie by 1 hr he would've been asleep. It was good that I spoke up and I feel good about that.

StinaBomb, good for you for voicing that to your sister. I'm sure she just didn't even think about it. Sometimes we do end up feeling ostracized because of our desire to eat healthy, especially when so much bonding seems to happen over food. I'm blessed in that most of my friends eat healthy as well (well, 90% of the time) - still, the desire to bond over drinks is always there! LOL!  And you're a saint for making that pizza IMO.

I was feeling pretty rough yesterday after the run. Super carb cravings, almost wanted to quit (again). I also hadn't gotten enough sleep the night before because of a cricket in my room. (My alarm was also set to Crickets. Not any more!) But I got a good 7.5 hours last night and today.... I FEEL FANTASTIC! Like perfect. Just fine. Wonderful. I guess it's too early for Tiger Blood, but I did have a few days headstart before I restarted. Whatever! I'm going with it. I'm happy today!

Hey everyone!  Work has been crazy lately so I haven't been able to get on, but I've been 100% compliant since my restart so this is day 9.  I feel fine, not fantastic yet though, and I'm still really tired (although I can't say that's W30 related as I've had insomnia since I was a kid).  One mistake I made this weekend was that we hit the grocery store late on Sunday and I ended up trying to meal prep after dinner - I got my breakfasts done but not lunch, and I'm meeting friends for dinner tonight at 7:30 so I'm going to have to either fry up burgers around 10 pm or pick up a salad tomorrow and wait one more day on the burgers.  The plan was the big-o bacon burgers and cucumber/tomato/red onion salad for lunches.  (today i had a can of tuna over spinach and tomato salad with tessie mae's lemon and garlic dressing, plus a banana and a little coconut butter).

For breakfasts this week I made a breakfast casserole of eggs, coconut milk, sweet potatoes, pork sausage, onion, and green pepper that I found online.  It's pretty good, although I might adjust the proportions next time.  That with half an avocado held me 6 hours today.

I've been wondering what to do with the can of coconut milk I bought....

Here's another idea for the canned coconut.. compliments of : Don & Mel, CFBA! and Leigh

If you are missing Cold cereal.............

one-half apple cored and roughly diced

handful of sliced almonds

handful of pitted, chopped dates

handful of unsweetened coconut 

generous dose of cinnamon; 1 pinch of salt

Pulse in the food processor to desired consistency–smaller is better for the little ones!  Serve with almond milk, or creamy coconut milk.  

hi everyone - it's hard to believe it has been 13 days already. i'm very tired and it seems i'm not alone judging from comments in posts by others. the cravings are not gone but much less intense and manageable. i have never completed a whole 30 before. i think that this one is more about what i am eliminating, and battling my "sugar dragon" rather than what i'm adding, or creating new habits. i'm just happy to not be eating junk, mostly sugar, pretty much all the time and it being about 80% of my diet. what i gather from reading different threads is that i can evolve and focus on further progress in future whole 30s and maybe even in this one. i like knowing that this one doesn't have to be completely "perfect" as far as food variety and following the template for meals and i'm happy i'm staying with compliant foods and avoiding sugary fruits and limiting nut butters. i'm already cooking some large batch meals and taking other small steps to be more prepared, although i'm not exactly where i would like to be or should be according to the program recommendations. but solid progress has been made in cleaning up the mess that has been my diet, and i'm ok with that. if i thought i had to be perfect, i probably would have bailed by now ;) a big "hang in there" to all and good night!

Here's another idea for the canned coconut.. compliments of :

Don & Mel, CFBA! and

Leigh

If you are missing Cold cereal.............

one-half apple cored and roughly diced

handful of sliced almonds

handful of pitted, chopped dates

handful of unsweetened coconut

generous dose of cinnamon; 1 pinch of salt

Pulse in the food processor to desired consistency–smaller is better for the little ones! Serve with almond milk, or creamy coconut milk.

Based on my limited experience I am QUITE CERTAIN this is SWYPO and PROHIBITED during the Whole30. But thanks for trying to help. I'm thinking more like chicken curry with carrots and potatoes or something like that. :-)

Day 13. Missed out on family ice cream trip to a local parlor. I don't have sweet craving so it's not a big deal to not have the ice cream- just missed out again on the comaraderie aspect. These are the times I question why I'm doing this- if I ate that ice cream it would probably be the only ice cream I ate for a month or two and not joining in felt weird- hot summer day, ice cream, & family time seems pretty awesome. It's only 30 days, right? I'm thankful to be learning about the other habits that need tweaking but not enjoying the awkwardness of not participating in something I find enjoyable.

Day 13. Missed out on family ice cream trip to a local parlor. I don't have sweet craving so it's not a big deal to not have the ice cream- just missed out again on the comaraderie aspect. These are the times I question why I'm doing this- if I ate that ice cream it would probably be the only ice cream I ate for a month or two and not joining in felt weird- hot summer day, ice cream, & family time seems pretty awesome. It's only 30 days, right? I'm thankful to be learning about the other habits that need tweaking but not enjoying the awkwardness of not participating in something I find enjoyable.

Hey Stina - is there any chance you could go and enjoy a LaCroix or something else that seems like a treat but is complaint? Maybe some fruit infused water? That way you don't feel left out of a family event.

I totally have FOMO (fear of missing out), but I don't let the choice I made to participate in a Whole30 FOR ME keep me from any social events. Just because I'm not putting something that's not beneficial to my body in my mouth doesn't mean I can't have fun...

Just want to encourage you - you're doing great in very difficult scenarios - do this FOR YOU!

• Moderators

You don't have to miss out on going out with your family. You can absolutely go into an ice cream parlor and hang out with the family and talk and laugh and not eat a bite of ice cream. It's totally possible. If your family cares about your health, they'll be supportive, even if they think you're a little weird. If you feel you must order something (and in a group, you really don't have to) you could get a bottle of water. I know it's not ice cream, but you're not there for the ice cream, you're there to spend time with your family.

If this really, really bothers you, plan something with your family that you are comfortable doing. Plan a picnic or barbecue where you make most of the food so you know there's stuff you can eat. Go somewhere as a group -- the zoo, a fair or carnival, botanical gardens, water park -- and pack your own food, either just for you to eat while they grab whatever's available there, or enough for everyone.

Archived