On the upside though I got a day of doing absolutely nothing while my wonderful husband took care of the kids and pets and made dinner.

I'm sorry you are sick. We all had that bug last month and it was brutal. However, it's almost worth being that sick to have my husband deal with everything for a day or even an afternoon..

Ha! Nadia. That was funny. I guess I have meat on the mind.

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sorry you are sick. We all had that bug last month and it was brutal. However, it's almost worth being that sick to have my husband deal with everything for a day or even an afternoon..

I think it's good for my husband to see how much work it is for just one parent. He travels a LOT and I do it all by myself while he's gone. Which brings me to why I want to go back on AIP. His summer travel season begins next week. Six months straight of 8 day work trips, with 6 days home between each. I need to be at the top of my game to keep the kids on their routine without just resorting to yelling at them/turning on the cartoons and giving them snacks and new toys (which is very much how last summer went). Plus I will be juggling ballet class once a week, yoga more, swimming and socializing and maybe a little solo traveling myself. I cannot be a stressed out bloated basketcase. The AIP weeks were the calmest clearest I have ever felt. I must return. I think doing a post w30 AIP will be easier as I will have raw honey with my tea, smoothies for a cold meal/snack, and won't stress about following the template for every meal. I might have goats butter on my veggies. I also think soaking/sprouting nuts is working for me and I know that because I no longer overeat them. The soaking really changes them in an appreciable way. I haven't had eggs now in a couple weeks and could care less. Coffee will be easy to take a break from because the stomach flu has brought on a bad association with it. Ditto chocolate and cheese and cream. It's fun to twist off and really "junk it up" with those kinds of things. Like if that's as bad as it gets for me before I declare I need to clean it up I think I'm doing pretty well.

What I ate today:

Still convalescing in bed with stomach flu, barely managed a few bites of chicken and avocado, a tiny blueberry coconut cream smoothie, and for dinner a small dish of ground beef some avocado and a handful of baby chard, because, vegetables. Also had some coconut water and grape juice diluted with sparkling water.

I hope I'm better tomorrow. I've cancelled two days worth of appointments which means I'm swamped rest of week and have to put some people off a week which means this is costing me. Big time. Upside: I spent the day watching about a hundred ballet vids on YouTube and visualizing my own ballet life and that's useful. Downside: I won't be going to that ballet class tomorrow- but I am going to drive by and stalk it from outside so ill feel more comfy next week when I do go.

Get better soon, dear! Hope you will stop being nervous about ballet, believe me, there are soooo many things to concentrate on even for a proper standing, so you won't even have time to notice what's going on around. Moreover, noone is going to make you grand plies in fifth right away. Beauty of learning ballet is that you can't push too hard or it will result in inability to develop posture or turnout etc.

Can't find the post, but I am serious about clean10 of AIP to trick the brain. I was thinking not nownow, but next week.

• Moderators

Hooray for feeling better and starting up with ballet!!

Y'all are having a huge influence on me. When I'm feeling better, I'm going back to the barre. It's been a long time, but the last time I went back, Madame said I hadn't lost any technique at all. Turn out is bad for my SI, but I'm going to try.

Also, I mentioned this on Beets's log, but please count me in for the AIP (mini) challenge you're planning.

I also think soaking/sprouting nuts is working for me and I know that because I no longer overeat them. The soaking really changes them in an appreciable way.

I wonder what the science behind this is? I actually prefer the taste/texture of activated nuts over raw or dry roasted - I haven't noticed any difference in digestibility, but I wonder if it could actually stop me overeating them too. Of course, the cost of them would be enough to curtail my eating! I honestly can't see how soaking and dehydrating the nuts can double the price!

Hope your ballet class went well - my old gym ran a barre class, but I'm such an unco that I thought it would be better not to risk it!

Haha, it's a(ip) party then. I can do only after 13th. I have a endo/colonoscopy as per today's visit to the doctor. I am not sure how day of liquid food and those meds go with Wh or Aip.

So if everyone wants to start earlier, i'll just watch you and cheer you upon completing.

You may have written about this, but how do you soak and re-de-hydrate the nuts? Seems like something I should try.

The link Beets posted top of the page here is definitive. I use the Weston A. Price/Nourishing Traditions book, and Nourished Kitchen which wrote the article Beets posted is associated with both.

post-14185-1367465868926_thumb.jpg

When I asked my husband how I looked before my first ballet class, he said "Like the 9 year old girl you always wanted to be"

I had an amazing time. It was a pretty laid back and small group of more advanced but hobby dancers which is great for me right now. They really took me under their wings. I was good at some things, and confused about other things and loved it all. I'm already sore and can't wait for next week. Thank you to everyone here that gave me the final push I needed to pursue this dream. I am on cloud nine.

Today I felt all better and had almost a regular appetite again. Here is what I ate:

Coconut milk blueberry soup (or smoothie if you're into semantics)

herbal tea with a literal drop of honey in it

an orange

plantain tostadas with beef, avocado, baby kale (see photo above) freaking deliciouso

lemon kombucha

dried squash chips dipped in ground beef and avocado mush

handful soaked almonds, 2 dried apricots and 5 blackberries

natural calm because I have hope it will help me be less sore tomorrow. I am feeling ballet in my bones and I love it, but oh....ow....give me more...oh it hurts

oh almost forgot, about the 10 day AIP- I'm so excited so many people want to do it. Let's discuss how to do this- everyone has different start dates in mind. If we want to start same day, lets wait for Nadia. Or we can all pick our own start date and do ten days and log and encourage and just have a fun little AIP hop-on hop-off train that could just go on and on and anyone could do it.

Possible thread name suggestions (comment yours!)

1. You down with AIP, yeah you know me

2. AIP Hop-On Hop-Off Mini-Train

3. All Aboard the AIP Mini-Train

or keepin' it simple

4. 10 Day Mini-AIP Group Log

wow, I'm really tired I shouldnt be typing right now those all sound really stupid. Somebody help me out!

• Moderators

Congrats on the wonderful ballet experience. So happy for you!!

And you are hilarious. I vote title number one.

I also think we should all start on the same date. We'd be more of a united front that way. I'll start anytime since I see my W30 as rolling, anyway.

post-14185-1367465868926_thumb.jpg

When I asked my husband how I looked before my first ballet class, he said "Like the 9 year old girl you always wanted to be"

I had an amazing time. It was a pretty laid back and small group of more advanced but hobby dancers which is great for me right now. They really took me under their wings. I was good at some things, and confused about other things and loved it all. I'm already sore and can't wait for next week. Thank you to everyone here that gave me the final push I needed to pursue this dream. I am on cloud nine.

So happy for you! You look so happy in your gear!

Aw! I love your husband's comment. And you do look so happy and cute! Almost makes me want to try it again. I still have memories of being the only girl in 7th grade ballet with a round butt.

I think we should wait for Nadia. I'm pushing through with my W30 till Sat and will pick it back up Sun. I also need to exhaust the stock of frozen peppers in my freezer and the paleo BBQ brisket I'm making tonight (w tomatoes).

Congrats on the wonderful ballet experience. So happy for you!!

And you are hilarious. I vote title number one.

I also think we should all start on the same date. We'd be more of a united front that way. I'll start anytime since I see my W30 as rolling, anyway.

My vote is for #1 too, he he.

I think Nadia's procedure is the 13th so maybe going Wednesday 15-Friday 24? That gives 2 weeks to prep and recruit.

Also, I wanted to do this as a post-w30, and loosen up my own rules (coconut smoothies, honey in my tea, bacon) is everyone ok with that or are we going full on rules but just for 10 days?

If we want to start same day, lets wait for Nadia. Or we can all pick our own start date and do ten days and log and encourage and just have a fun little AIP hop-on hop-off train that could just go on and on and anyone could do it.

AIPita?

5/13 is a perfect start date for me. I need time to prepare, and then I am off that entire week.

Apparently I have been confused about what the AIP is. When I did it I was doing IBS/IBD with it and after retrieving my book from a friend I see that the most strict rules are for IBD (Nadia, if you find out something after your procedure that you have IBD and need to follow that protocol, I will do it with you for a bit too) but the AIP is only restricting the whites of eggs, nightshades, dairy (ghee), nuts and seeds (which I take to mean ALL seed based spices as well as nut or seed oils, lets discuss this) and NSAIDS.

No mention of coffee. I thought coffee was out so I am relieved to find out I was wrong. I still think coffee is a terribly powerful frienemy, just knowing that I CAN have it if I want is soothing. Some days I choose yes, some days I choose no.

I think the IBS/IBD protocol will be nice to have in my back pocket for a day or two for healing after a time of over-indulgence or if my digestion gets off.

I feel like I need some kind of info-graphic to keep it all straight...

Archived