Um, I'm jelly. I'm thinking of signing up for a class. Are there any complete clods in your class, or do all of them have some sense of rhythm and dancing.

Truthfully, not being able to dance held me back from good parts in high school musicals.

I have terrible rhythm, ADHD hand-eye coordination issues, but idk I do a LOT of creative visualization and even though it was I who was the clod in the group, I was still somehow dancing. It was magical. The joy I've experienced just allowing myself access to this dream has far superseded any fleeting emotions of self-consciousness, embarrassment or nervousness. Joy is incredibly powerful.

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have terrible rhythm, ADHD hand-eye coordination issues, but idk I do a LOT of creative visualization and even though it was I who was the clod in the group, I was still somehow dancing. It was magical. The joy I've experienced just allowing myself access to this dream has far superseded any fleeting emotions of self-consciousness, embarrassment or nervousness. Joy is incredibly powerful.

:wub:

Can I join your little AIParty? I've been thinking there's still some stuff going on with me that needs to be sorted and an AIP might help (not that 10 days is going to fully sort it, but it'll give me an indication of whether I should continue).

Can I join your little AIParty? I've been thinking there's still some stuff going on with me that needs to be sorted and an AIP might help (not that 10 days is going to fully sort it, but it'll give me an indication of whether I should continue).

Sure!

Yeah I'm thinking the ten days are more of a taster that proves to me I can do it for longer.

Today I was really proud of myself because I had a strong urge for Starbucks (like 3 shot espresso syrupy madness) and I made it all the way to the drive thru before I talked myself out of it and ordered herbal tea. I felt great all day and I know if I'd had the coffee I would have crashed later. Not saying a coffee isn't worth a crash sometimes, but not today.

What I ate:

Meal 1&2: ground beef with sautéed carrots, celery and baby kale, 1/2 avocado with m2

Herbal tea with honey

5 olives and a lick of coconut oil (work pantry, slim pickings)

Meal 3: GF pot roast cooked in bone broth and herbs alongside carrots and baby golden potatoes with goat butter on top. Glass of sulfite free organic wine. 3 blackberries.

Had another massage appointment and told her I'd been to ballet the night before. She said I'm making hr get brave enough to go to her first yoga class :D she is amazing. She stretched my legs and feet and is going to help my point develop. I learned so much again from her and just adore her. She said she gave more thought to "going paleo" and even ran it by her husband who seemed supportive if not indifferent, which is a good sign.

This is great news all over. You are changing this woman's life. Seriously.

And bravo at Starbuck's! It really was bizarre for me to order green tea at the coffee shop at first. I felt like everyone was looking at me and even wondered if the barista was disappointed I wasn't getting my usual latte. (?? Like she either 1) cares or 2) would rather make a latte than twist a little tea bag and drop it in hot water? I'm completely insane.) Now it's second nature.

This is great news all over. You are changing this woman's life. Seriously.

She's really changing my life too. I didn't even know about subcutaneous fascia and how it can hinder range of motion. I'm flexible from a decade of yoga, but the work she is doing is taking me to another level and it gives me a little more confidence in my body's ability to learn a new discipline. And she was the one who brought up paleo so that was good too- I'm not going to nag.

today I ate:

1/3 can coconut milk blended with 1 banana and cinnamon

2 handfuls of baby kale rolled up in 2 slices of ham

pu-erh tea with coconut milk and a dip of raw honey

Thai restaurant with my sweetie for lunch- I had the beef jerky sticky rice- subbed the sticky rice for a bowl of steamed vegetables, this is eaten by tearing a little piece of meat and grabbing a veggie and dipping them into a fish sauce/lemon/chili sauce and eating with your fingers in public is so fun, it's my favorite thai dish of all time. I don't miss the sticky rice. Also hot jasmine tea and a couple sips of my husbands sweet thai tea which tasted like cotton candy and was disgustingly sweet. He drank the whole thing and ate rice noodles and had to take a nap later.

After work/pre dinner glass of sulfite free organic red wine, zero urge to have second glass (which was my old standby)

Dinner I made beef back ribs and gnawed on a couple of those standing up at the stove long after everyone else ate. I just wasn't hungry. No one ate any vegetables, just meat. We also let the kids stay up late so it was like a wild and crazy party night or something.

small handful of soaked almonds and dried bananas grazed on over a couple hours

A big long gulp of coconut water kefir (inner eco brand, plain flavored)

Today I had:

2 mugs of bone broth

3 slices bacon

Sweet potato/baby broc/carrot/scallion sautee

1/3 cup espresso with heavy cream

Trail mix made with soaked almonds, dried zucchini and seasoned with onion powder, lemon pepper and liquid coconut oil (tasted like sour cream and onion chips) ate a few handfuls of this as a power snack while operating a gas powered auger with my husband to plant some trees at our land

Also power snacked on a dried fruit mix with apricots and currants, Carmelites coconut and raw cacao nibs

Spoonful of peanut butter, which made me feel awful

Ham slices wrapped around miniature bell peppers.

Broiled sirloin, sautéed onion, artichoke heart and baby chard and kale. Mug of bone broth, 1/2 glass wine

Didn't like the dinner much so later I snacked on an Applegate GF hotdog, and also made a dessert chocolate mouse with heavy GF cream and raw honey.

I grazed all day, but did a lot of manual labor in the sunshine and felt extra hungry. Also drank a good bit of water and iced herbal tea.

For the next five days not a single thought of what I can't or shouldn't have will enter my mind. Instead I will memorize this short list of what I know to be health-promoting for my body and make my meal selections based on that.

post-14185-13677635163707_thumb.jpg

Today I ate:

GF ground beef browned, avocado, mango

Pu-Erh tea with cream which I threw out after a few drinks

Package of frozen organic California blend veggies with dollop of ghee

Soaked almonds

3 plantain fritters, leftover ribs, pico de gallo, cucumber slices, avocado, sweet pot

Picked at roasted chicken, drank some broth, sliced carrots, 1/3 glass of wine (last of bottle we opened 4 nights ago-may be a personal record for longevity of an open bottle of wine), 3 date rolls which I later discovered had little bugs. I almost cried.

What did I eat today? Pretty much only from my top 5 lists. Felt good. Drank a LOT of bone broth. No tea/coffee. One Kombucha. Lots of greens, squash and beef. One teaspoon of cocknut butter with a dab of raw honey was the only thing not on my top 5 list. Took a looooong nap and gave myself permission to do a little less today and go to bed early too.

I am sorry, Michelle, but that may be my most single favorite typo here ever. Other than Nadia pooping into an Asian market ;)

What did I eat today? Pretty much only from my top 5 lists. Felt good. Drank a LOT of bone broth. No tea/coffee. One Kombucha. Lots of greens, squash and beef. One teaspoon of cocknut butter with a dab of raw honey was the only thing not on my top 5 list. Took a looooong nap and gave myself permission to do a little less today and go to bed early too.

Lol. I couldn't decide if it was written that way on purpose. That damn cocknut butter!

Congrats about your five. I'm making my list tomorrow. Husband's b'day is over and I have no more excuses. Feeling tired and bloated and my face is looking haggard. Time to regroup.

Lol. I couldn't decide if it was written that way on purpose. That damn cocknut butter!

Congrats about your five. I'm making my list tomorrow. Husband's b'day is over and I have no more excuses. Feeling tired and bloated and my face is looking haggard. Time to regroup.

Beets I remember in your log once you said you "felt somehow prettier" and I felt the same way. When I was doing AIP/IBS I ran into some people I hadn't seen in a long time at a funeral. 2 different men (father figure types to me) were (seperately) going on and on about how I looked somehow different and they couldn't put their finger on it. I just kind of played dumb but I knew deep down I was vita lizard (sic- autocorrect the word is VITALIZED, lol) from the high quality food I was eating and the lower quality stuff I was not. Now once my w30 was over I wanted to test that boundary where eating healthy and less healthy can merge without a noticeable drop off in vitality, and now I see the limit is really one serving every few days. The problem with this though is that any time ANY TIME I eat something that is gut unbalancing I immediately crave more of it. And that's where I get into trouble. At this point I really feel happier saying "I don't eat cheese" than to try to white knuckle willpower (and likely fail) at eating it in "moderation". I can't stand the word moderation anyways.

So, being that I'm post w30 and plan to stay that way, and because I'm a positive person with a rebellious streak I just had to reframe my thinking about food totally away from what I can't/don't want/shouldn't have to what I definitively know to be the best food for my body. Motivated by vanity and a strong desire to be happy and calm, I think this is something I can maintain now without too much thought.

I just had to ramble on about this more to solidify it in my mind.

Motivated by vanity and a strong desire to be happy and calm, I think this is something I can maintain now without too much thought.

This is it. You've said everything I had on my mind but couldn't put in one sentence. Thanks.

This is it. You've said everything I had on my mind but couldn't put in one sentence. Thanks.

Yes. I am going to print this out for my fridge in case I forget.

I am done with my off-roading and, FCLO and bone broth in stock, fridge full of braised cabbage, I am going to get myself back to feeling well-nourished.

I am also rebellious and despite working it through with two therapists I still hold onto the idea of myself as being someone who doesn't follow the rules. It has really hurt me but you are exactly right in thinking that, rather than try to change myself, I need to reframe my thinking.

That's why having that simple list is so genius.

Today I ate:

First 2 meals were the same- ground GF beef and mixed Thai stir fry frozen veggies in a creamy sauce made out of butternut squash and coconut milk

Afternoon snack: 2 date rolls (not the maggoty ones, new ones) and a handful of soaked cashews

Dinner: baked cod (2 pieces), sautéed yellow squash, zucchini and carrots with garlic and dried spinach flakes, guacamole and cucumber slices, 5 olives

Also had iced tulsi tea with a dab of raw honey because it just tastes better that way.

This felt like a perfect day of eating, tasty, clean with little treats of things that I just like the way they taste- but they are things that don't hurt me.

I like your top 5 list! Ima copy it and stick it on my fridge.

When I am trying to keep it very simple, I just think: protein, fat, something orange or yellow, something green. Saute and eat.

It's always delicious even if it's boring and even if it's weird, and it fits the bill.

Archived