• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Enjoy that dolled up date! I stayed up too late last night too because I had to see who made the top 20 on So You Think You Can Dance.  :D It's the little things.

Oh my. SYTYCD is my favorite show! I have two weeks on my TiVo. I have to wait for my upstairs neighbor to watch it.

Shelda, I love lamb and this is. Great recipe. Enjoy!

My day was ok. Work project is a big draggy drain, but it's work. I get to start, work,wrap up, go home. After years where work all merged into life being on call all the time, when I took this job I said no. It works quite well for me. I actually went for a walk for 15 minutes after eating my salad and lamb patty.

Date was really good tonight. More fun than I've had with him. We went to a great neighborhood restaurant. I like walking there and supporting them. Every seat in the place was taken with a line waiting to get in at 8. We sat at the bar which is a tad quieter. I like the bartenders there. Yup, just water for me. Ate some ribeye with a full lunch brought home. Nixed the frites for salad and pushed the Acme roll and butter away. I could eat just acme and butter as my meal there. So far tummy is great. No bloat or distress. I guess tomorrow morning will be telling.

I'm in the groove of "this is what I eat". While J might like the romantic notion of drinking wine together, he doesn't try to feed me food or drink off plan. He could stand to shed some weight. Maybe he'll get interested in W30 when he gets back from Europe. I won't see him again for several weeks. I'll have to amuse myself.

Nitey nite!

• Moderators

You ARE in the groove, lady. Glad you had a fun time despite saying no to wine and bread and butter. You're inspiring!

And I'm impressed with your work/life boundaries. This is something I'm working on. . . .

My guess is you'll have no problem amusing yourself!

You ARE in the groove, lady. Glad you had a fun time despite saying no to wine and bread and butter. You're inspiring!

And I'm impressed with your work/life boundaries. This is something I'm working on. . . .

My guess is you'll have no problem amusing yourself!

LadyM, it took until my 60's to really get the work boundaries. I used to work a lot. In Dec 2011 I lost my job of 18 years to corporate buy out situation. I took most of the year off to go hiking everyday and play. I really enjoyed it. In the fall I started getting calls about work but waited it out until an offer where I can walk to work. Also where I don't have to supervise or be on call all the time. It's different work than I've always done, but it fits the lifestyle that I want. I hope you find your our diaries at a younger age.

I'll definitely amuse myself while J is gone. I was seeing him in January, then stopped while dating someone else. J likes me a lot so I decided to give it another shot. He's a great guy and loves being active like I do. A lot of guys my age either want to ride a motorcycle or play with the remote while drinking beer. Neither appeal to me at all. I'd rather play with girlfriends than be bored. I am doing my best to being opening to accepting love, regardless of the package it comes in. I've spent a lot of my life worrying about what other people think of my choices etc. that's a difficult voice to turn off.

It's getting easier to not lust for foods I choose not to have!

Day 51: slept good. I think close to 7 hours.

So far so good after having beef last night. Maybe ribeye is different than ground beef. Both at same restaurant. I'll know later how my body handled it.

Nothing exciting to say. Same work project. Classic Pilates Reformer class tonight. Going to dinner tonight with friends. The brother of my upstairs friend is in town. Four of us are going to dinner. I hope they pick somewhere that it's easy for me to eat. Nancy is eating Whole but only sporadically so it's not as important to her. I can make good choices anywhere.

Bites:

1. Sausage patty, sautéed cabbage, decaf, kombucha maybe.

2. Lamb patty, mixed greens, avocado, EVOO.

3. Dunno depends on restaurant options.

"I can make good choices anywhere." Love your confidence. And interesting what you say about spending so much time worrying about what ppl think of my choices. I think I need to work on that. Enjoy your class tonight.

"I can make good choices anywhere." Love your confidence. And interesting what you say about spending so much time worrying about what ppl think of my choices. I think I need to work on that. Enjoy your class tonight.

You know Beets, that's the one thing that I've learned from my weight watcher leader. Everything that I do in life is a choice. I don't get to blame circumstances or other people because everything I do is my choice. I am fortunate in my life that I do get to have so many choices.

Yes about what others think. I want to spend more time in life figuring out what my heart thinks/feels. Why is it so important to have the great facade that everyone admires. Worthless if I'm not happy.

I woke up with a sore ankle this morning so I cancelled Pilates tonight. I did a lot of stretch breaks in the office and started to feel better. I think my back is out of alignment. At the end of work I decided to suit up and go to class. I'm happy I did.

I went out to dinner tonight with four friends. I guess I tested cooked tomato tonight. I had steamed clams with chorizo and baby calamari. It was done in a thin tomato broth. The dish was very delicate and flavorful. No tummy ache or bloat. Will see how tomorrow is.

So far I've tested egg yolks and ghee with no consequence.

Beef was fine today but not great last time.

Tomatoes yet to be seen.

I'm trying to go slowly with adding basic Whole 30 foods. I think I'm doing pretty well so far. Still to test are peppers and eggplant but not this week. There is so much great food to eat.

Nitey nite.

June 21st - Day 52:

This is a post I wrote in another thread on June 8th about weightloss. It's poignant today because I had this visualization on June 21st 1990. I'm happy to say that I haven't smoked since.

I wish that thin took care of everything but as Beets said, wherever we go, we take ourselves. My weight was my negative magnet. Not was, is my negative magnet. Whole 30 with the focus on health, not weight has helped me so much. I have spent mega decades waking up and wondering what the scale would say. I tracked every morsel that I ate. I tracked my exercise and made charts of my progress. And in the end, I felt good or bad based on the scale. I have found more freedom than I thought possible on Day 39 of my WholeWhatever. Now I'm refocusing on feeling great everyday.

When I got hypnotized in 1990 to quit smoking, I had to come up with a visualization of myself that I could focus on. At that time iwas 100 pounds heavier than today. In my visualization I was walking on the beach. Breathing in clean fresh air. I was wearing beautiful loose white linen. My body was a perfect size and I looked great. The best part was how confident I looked and the big smile on my face. Today I own a lot of beautiful white linen.

Reading these posts, I realize that today I look like I did in that visualization. I havent thought of that in a long time. I guess it's time to be joyful and quit worrying about the last 3-4 pounds.

Thanks for this great space for reflection.

LadyM, you may be right but my skin has never been a problem except a tiny patch beside my nose. Skin isn't a good barometer for me.

Day 52: my sleep was really disturbed from 11-2. I kept waking up. My dinner saw light and I was awake 4 hours after eating. Cooked tomatoes? Something else in the bowl? Room too warm? Hard to say. 2-5 I had really vivid dreams. Woke up a bit tired.

Is it how I'm eating or all the gym work that has a bit of a wall between me and tiger blood? I think less pork in my food plan. It feels so heavy for summer. Really the only things calling me right now are veggies, salads, sweet potatoes and fruit. Ok, so maybe bacon since its been over 51 days. I love bacon!

Nothing exciting. Maybe a concert of up and coming musicians in a walking venue to celebrate the summer solstice. I saw pictures of very interesting instruments. The venue is Chapel of the Chimes which is lovely. I feel kinda like a slug. Work was draining all week.

Bites:

1. Chicken breast, sautéed cabbage

2. 1/2 palm of leftover steak, green beans, 1/4 sweet potato, 10 cherries

3. Probably more chicken on a salad.

I've got the blahs. Maybe a cup of green tea in th morning really does have caffeine.

Calee, I am such a silent stalker. I read and want to write a long post every time. Ask million questions. Then I get distracted by work/plans and never end up writing.

I am so excited that your son loves Berlin. It is a vibrant and hip place with busy urban area full of tourists, nice historical sights and great green area by the lake. My biggest surprise was how humble it is given the amount of history and cultural heritage they have. I almost ended up moving there. Will Zach catch Berlinale there? I think it's in September, I bet he thought about it. I hope you will like it too. P.S go to Potsdam if you'll have time, it's a small town close to Berlin.

I love images you all are picturing here, I have one for each of you in my head. LadyM riding a bike, Meghan kissing her daughter's neck (the softest thing ever picture), Derval and Lily having lunch in the sun in their garden, Susan riding a horse with her massive hair waving, Mary playing with kids and feeding them jicama, Sophie picking purple potatoes at the market, Michele, oh this one, I see her painting a mural or picking up an outfitt for the ballet class, now I have one assigned to you. I love it. Breeze, sun and smell of salty water.

I quitted smoking with this WH30. I am so glad I did.

I think your blah-ness is a cumulative effect of training hard, not enough sleep and work overload. Maybe tomatoes too. Reactions can show one to three days after consuming irritating food, so watch out. Other than that you are doing a perfect reintro most of us failed to do.

Go for concert, for sure. In a white dress. Cheers from Canada ;)

Calee, I am such a silent stalker. I read and want to write a long post every time. Ask million questions. Then I get distracted by work/plans and never end up writing.

I am so excited that your son loves Berlin. It is a vibrant and hip place with busy urban area full of tourists, nice historical sights and great green area by the lake. My biggest surprise was how humble it is given the amount of history and cultural heritage they have. I almost ended up moving there. Will Zach catch Berlinale there? I think it's in September, I bet he thought about it. I hope you will like it too. P.S go to Potsdam if you'll have time, it's a small town close to Berlin.

I love images you all are picturing here, I have one for each of you in my head. LadyM riding a bike, Meghan kissing her daughter's neck (the softest thing ever picture), Derval and Lily having lunch in the sun in their garden, Susan riding a horse with her massive hair waving, Mary playing with kids and feeding them jicama, Sophie picking purple potatoes at the market, Michele, oh this one, I see her painting a mural or picking up an outfitt for the ballet class, now I have one assigned to you. I love it. Breeze, sun and smell of salty water.

I quitted smoking with this WH30. I am so glad I did.

I think your blah-ness is a cumulative effect of training hard, not enough sleep and work overload. Maybe tomatoes too. Reactions can show one to three days after consuming irritating food, so watch out. Other than that you are doing a perfect reintro most of us failed to do.

Go for concert, for sure. In a white dress. Cheers from Canada ;)

Nadia, I love that you have a vision for each of us! You are such a visual person, thus all of your photos that you share with us. My visions are similar to yours for each person. But bike riding is now accompanied with sand and belly tanning for LadyM. Mine of you is playing on the sashes like a smiling adorable monkey girl. You are quite the tease while hanging upside down. Even that, you do with grace. But I also visualize you sitting straight up, missing not a detail while watching ballet at the Marinski theatre. Such grandeur.

I loved the green of St. Petersburg and Peterhof. When I asked z what struck him most about Berlin, he said it was the greenest city he's ever been to. So many parks. I don't know which festivals he will go to. He said he'd like to go to a Spain festival that's showing on of his films. Travel is expensive, he had to miss Amsterdam in April. If you ever want to see one of his shorts, he just posted a 99 cent one on Vimeo. It went to 16 festivals so now he is experimenting with Vimeo.

I will research Potsdam! I will ask Z about the lake. He said he's living in the Turkish section.

I'm going to go look at my Russia pictures. Chatting with you makes me want to travel. :)

You have been hitting the exercise pretty hard, and your days always sound so full!  A couple of days (or more) off might be really invigorating for you.  

That's cool you guys have mental pictures of everyone!  I'm an aural person so my brain doesn't really work that way, but the idea that you guys do that really tickles me :)

Day 53: great sleep from 11-6 with only a tiny wake up. no swelling or bloat. Flat tummy, arm muscles trying to emerge. Want to nurture these feelings.

My gym expires on June 29th. They are offering to refund my introductory $100 if I sign up for 4 months at $195 a month. It's a lot of money for me, but I've never worked out this hard, ever, and as much as I cuss the entire class, I really see progress. My balance is honestly not great and I seem to have fear of falling while standing in strange positions on the Reformer. Balance is a big issue in older women and as much I hate to say it, older women is probably only 10-15 years away for me. Sux to even think that. I want to be active until I die. I want to hike the great wall again at 70 and walk the camino 500 miles at 65. And kayak and hike mountains and ride a bike. Everything takes balance. I think I'm going to invest in myself and go for another 4 months. It's so darn convenient being walking distance from home and on the same block as my office. It a win-win.

Last night I ate a small side salad that had 1tablespoon each of red pepper and tomato. Starting small. I know I should reintroduce only one at a time and will do that. The tastes just exploded in my mouth mixing with the avocado and lettuce in an excellent way and it complimented the salmon filet beautifully. I will have to see how my hands feel with continued eating. 52 days off both should be enough time to sense imbalance.

TRX first class this morning. Excited about it. Then a stop in the Farmers market on the walk home from class. A long walk this afternoon with a friend, then dinner with another friend. Busy day. Looking forward to lots of fun.

Happy Summer!

Great throw together lunch that I want to remember.

First, I hate store mayo. I just can't eat it. I made mayo with egg yolk, avocado oil, pink salt Meyer lemon. First it was liquid, so a couple days go I brought it to room temp and put immersion blender again. Still liquid but I stuck in fridge trying to think of something to do with it. I looked this morning and it was firmed up! Great surprise.

So for lunch after gym, chicken salad that I threw together on a whim.

Leftover chicken breast

Apple

Scallions

Cilantro

Lemon mayo

Yum yum yum!

TRX was way too hard for me. I walked out because my back was hurting. Back still messed up. Did an hour of stretching tonight. I can tell that my back is just out of wack. I may have helped it some using my Pilates ball and band.

I got hungry this afternoon. Raging, empty pit in my stomach hungry. Seems like I just couldn't get full. It took awhile to remember that I skipped breakfast. I guess I never caught up on calories. Missing meals doesn't work for me.

More chicken salad for dinner. Finished it off. Will make more.

I'm hoping for a great sleep tonight.

Good night full moon.

That's how I imagine the others Justine, as for myself, who knows ...  annoying?  ;)

Calee, sounds like you needed a rest!  Hope you've made up for that lost meal, got lots of sleep and that your back is feeling much much better.

Good night huge summer solstice full moon! Hope you sleep well.

Do you ever use a foam roller on your back? I lay on in, in line with my spine, and open my wings. Such a great stretch.

I don't have a roller here at home, but I have used it at the studio. All of the stretching last night must have helped because I'm much more in allignment this morning.

Thanks for the suggestion. I should go downstairs and see if there's one in the building gym.

That's how I imagine the others Justine, as for myself, who knows ...  annoying?  ;)

Calee, sounds like you needed a rest!  Hope you've made up for that lost meal, got lots of sleep and that your back is feeling much much better.

Thank you, much better this morning! I'm going to take. Class and see how I do.

Archived