I must be sick because I love the vision of th two of you convalescing together.

MCT is deadly for me. I tried 1 teaspoon in a cup of decaf earlier this year and had violent runs. Thought it was a fluke but it happened like clock work. I should remember that when the need arises because I have a quart of it.

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

Through trial and error (and time) I've discovered that a 6-8 oz cup of pour-over method coffee (made with 2 T beans freshly ground) with 1 T each of butter and MCT oil mightily blended with a pinch of cardamom and two dashes of cinnamon with my stick blender works for me. I still sometimes have slightly loose stools, but to no detriment. And no, I don't get tired later in the day. I usually eat anywhere from 3-7 hours later depending on the day and how I feel. It works really well as pre-workout fuel for me, too--and I try to time at least some of my workouts for late morning so that a post wo meal works appropriately into my IF/meal timing for the day. However, I think most of the pre and post wo meal stuff is bunk unless you're a super athlete power lifter type. Yes, you need enough energy to fuel your workout, and yes, after heavy lifting the muscles need protein, but to add two extra meals if you go for a walk or do yoga? Not for me.

ITA about pre and post WO meals. I assumed that was for people who are doing way more intense stuff than me. I will eat a bit of something before my "workout"in the am but I don't feel the need to cater to muscle recovery.

I love the quoted passage LM and will read the rest of the piece.

I eat my three meals and try not to add snacks. With my level of exertion snacks are simply a way to feed my desire to eat recreationally. I don't work out enough to justify those mini meals.

"MCT oil rivals my old Ritalin scrip for gogogo-ness. Gotta say, I kinda like it."

Interesting. I'm intrigued.

Congrats on Day 12. Feeling incompetent here. Trying to focus on good things but I just keep slipping into things (like three booze drinks last night with friends we haven't seen in years, and a 1am bedtime that led to bites of French toast this am when ground beef sounded blergh). Ack. I am down 30 lbs since Feb, but I guess the scale doesn't matter, right? I have more to say on my own log but it's Father's Day so I'm cleaning the place up so we can collapse into the couch.

Oops. I thought this was the AIP group thread. I'm getting so sloppy in all regards. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Meghan, please step away from the stick. You know the one you are beating yourself up with. Lets just whittle the end into a point and roast a big fat greasy sausage on it over an open fire...under the big Texas night sky. See isn't that better? Now what I am really excited about and think deserves a lot more airplay is this monumental weight loss you speak of?!?! I mean really! Is February when you started w30?

http://nourishedkitchen.com/beet-kvass-recipe/#ixzz2VpkajNQNxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxon my short to-do list. I'm almost out of Fab Ferments Ginger beet kvass, I freakin' love to just take a wicked shot of this stuff straight outa the bottle, which is a gorgeous brown bottle with hot pink label. I made beet kvass once before with whey but didn't like the saltiness, gonna use starter culture this time. Will post pics when it's done in a week!

Propolis is a mighty thing. My Grams has hives and we always used it for all kinds of diseases. Sore throats, sore gums (this thing is actually like a wax and tincture is a piece of it dissolved in alcohol), sore tummies and so on and so forth. Also Granny used to make an homemade ointment with it. Propolis is an absolutely magic thing for healing any wound, cut or scratch too. I wish I could get some of the wax state here. I should check farmer's markets with honey vendors and i'd totally make it myself. I will ask Grams for proportions. 

I love beet kvass. I am curious how your's will turn out and follow your kvass making leadership. 

Curious about beet kvass. But I think I'll hold off on any new kitchen projects till school starts again.

I quit sugar and grain in Feb, stuck with it mostly through Mar, w30 in April and you know the rest.

My husband has dubbed our BP "Bulletpoop Coffee". We love it though now we've got the proportions right. Fueled me up for a couple of hours of cooking and cleaning followed by a couple of hours of manual labor in the sun (it's only 88 degrees so no big sweat there, but still I usually start whining 30 min in)

post-14185-13714974387213_thumb.jpg

88 degrees in June here is too cold for swimming.

So funny how acclimatized we get! I'm with Susan. 88 degrees is too hot. It's 80 in my office right now and I'm struggling to keep my eyes open. I am willing to bet there are people jumping in lake Washington for a dip today and that lake never ever gets warmer than 50 degrees I would guess.

Yep...me too. I am one of those weirdos that really likes cold water though. You know the ones that "don't need no stinking wet suite" to do a triathlon in said freezing lake. I think I need to put together my post work visit the lake bag soon and keep it in my car. 

Made this aphrodisiac ice cream tonight for my husband- I, um, highly recommend it. I used dates for sweetening and reg butter (cheating with butter in my BP coffee too, shhhh don't tell) and while the ingredients are technically compliant I am fully aware that its SWYPO. But it's ok because there was plenty of sex with your pants off too. We made it in our ice cream ball to milkshake consistency then sipped it on the sofa watching Arrested Development. It was an episode devoted to Tobias Funke (possibly my favorite character) and we laughed a lot.

http://www.bulletproofexec.com/get-some-ice-cream/

post-14185-137153041243_thumb.jpg

Archived